Translate

Thursday 19 September 2013

AGREE WITH ME.

AGREE WITH ME. PART 1. By Ken Mcphail.
In life, there are three(3) WILLS that decides a man's fate/destiny;1. The Will of God: JEH 29:11 (For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope).2. The will of Satan: John 10:10a (The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy).3. The Will of Man: “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.” (Prov. 23:7 NKJV).Among these three (3) wills, the third is always dominant. This is attributed to the fact that God created man in His own image, hence, He empowered man to make his own free decisions/choices. Adam failed to obey God because he yielded to his own heart desires. He allowed his will to dominate his person. The Bible has much to say about the heart of man. The word “heart” in the New King James Version of the Bible is found 835 times in 775 verses according to E-Sword. The study of the heart of man is thus a massive study and I might add from a human point of view a complex one. God knows all of our hearts, “For you alone know the hearts of all the sons of men.” (I Kings 8:39 NKJV) The question is do you and I know our own heart?How many times has each of us questioned ourselves over the years? I suspect those who have never doubted themselves are a tiny minority. When we read passages in the Bible about men deceiving themselves like in Gal. 6:3 and James 1:26 it causes us all the more concern for the question becomes am I being honest with myself? We obviously need to learn all we can about the human heart with the hope being that we can come to know ourselves better and improve our hearts. Who is the real me? Who am I? What is the true state of my heart, not what I think about it but what is its true state in reality?When the Bible speaks of the human heart it is speaking of the thinking of a man, a man’s will, a man’s emotions or feelings, a man’s conscience, or any given combinations of these. However, the word may also have reference to the whole inner being of man combining all these elements into the one whole that makes up the man. Each of these aspects of the human heart is worth taking a look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment