Translate

Monday 4 November 2013

Oprah Winfrey sells her personal belongings and raises $600K for charity.


She is the queen of television and one of the most powerful women in the world.

Dailymail reports: The 59-year-old star hosted a giant yard sale offloading hundreds of personal items and raising $600,000 for charity in the process.
The Queen of Talk sold a variety of different goodies ranging from luxurious furniture to signed enlarged framed prints and random homeware items.

 One lucky and wealthy bidder bought a set of six 18th-century Louis XVI armchairs with hand-embroidered details for the pricey sum of $60,000.
Shortly before the sale which was held to raise funds for the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Foundation College fund, the Osca-nominated star spoke of her motivation to offload her belongings saying:

'It's just too much stuff. I talk about it a lot in O magazine. We talk about decluttering. And I realised, I need to declutter my own life. It is very freeing. I am downsizing.'
Oprah added, 'I'm trying not to be attached to things. I'm trying to live the life that I talk about, like not letting things define you. But it's hard'.

No comments:

Post a Comment